Bird Safe Projects VideoInterest in GlasPro Bird Safe glass continues to grow as more cities and states adopt building codes requiring bird friendly glazing. Watch our new video featuring some of our best Bird Safe glass projects. To learn more about our Bird Safe...
GlasPro SustainabilityImplementing resource and energy-efficient practices
Glass: an eco-friendly material for buildings
Recent years have seen a rise of green building initiatives in the construction industry. Green buildings incorporate environmental-friendly features and materials such as glass. Glass is an excellent material because it can reflect heat to maintain the temperature inside buildings (energy efficiency) and reduces the need for artificial lighting allowing daylight to make interiors brighter (daylighting). In addition, glass is a 100% recyclable and reusable material because it is made from raw materials found in nature.
LEED-certified green buildings are better buildings
According to the US Green Building Council, LEED-certified buildings save money, improve efficiency, lower carbon emissions, and create healthier places for people. LEED is the most widely used green building rating system. To achieve LEED certification, a project earns points by adhering to prerequisites and credits that address carbon, energy, water, waste, transportation, materials, health, and indoor environmental quality. GlasPro architectural and decorative glass products can help you earn LEED points through energy efficiency, material use, and by improving indoor environmental quality.
LEED Submittal Form
Please use the button below to create a unique LEED submission packet for your project. When you’re done filling out all the required fields, a complete packet will be generated for you.
GlasPro Bird Safe UV Glass
GlasPro’s Bird Safe product can help you to earn one LEED credit through LEED Innovation: Bird Collision Deterrence. The intent is to reduce bird injury and mortality from in-flight collisions with buildings.
Read the Bird Safe UV Glass data sheet for all of the sustainability performance information. The product can help you earn LEED points for 1) Energy & Atmosphere; 2) Materials & Resources; and 3) Indoor Environmental Quality.
GlasPro Back Painted Glass
Back painted glass is made with sustainability in mind by using water-based, silicon glass coating with near zero Volatile organic Compounds (VoC). Additionally, no VOCs are emitted in the building during installation or when installed. The coating that GlasPro uses while fabricating back painted glass may help contribute to attaining LEED certification as a green building. LEED credit can be earned in the following categories: 1) Materials & Resources: Construction Waste Management; 2) Materials & Resources: Manufactured Regionally; 3) Indoor Environmental Quality: Low Emitting Materials: Paints and Coatings.
- GlasPro uses local sources/vendors for all of its products when possible. The majority of glass products are from North American vendors.
- 90% of our glass is recycled thru the float process. We also take part in a glass scrap recycling program.
- GlasPro recycles all plastic cut-offs and cardboard with a waste collection company.
- GlasPro recycles water on the autoclaves, washers, polishers, and CNC machines.
- The GlasPro facilities have light fixtures with motion sensors to minimize energy usage when spaces are empty.
- All equipment is shut off during work breaks, lunch breaks, and during overnight hours.
- During summer months GlasPro moves a portion of production to 3rd shift to reduce energy usage during peak hours.
- GlasPro participates in the California Air Resources Board’s airborne toxic control measure to limit diesel-fueled commercial motor vehicle idling. GlasPro trucks are certified clean idle.